Blood Omen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BloodOmen's official forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

guild recruitment idea

Go down 
+4
Phierce
malkuth
Yvan
darksied
8 posters

do you agree
i concur
guild recruitment idea I_vote_lcap33%guild recruitment idea I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
i think we're fine the way we are
guild recruitment idea I_vote_lcap0%guild recruitment idea I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
dude where's the waffles
guild recruitment idea I_vote_lcap67%guild recruitment idea I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
darksied
darksied

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-17

guild recruitment idea Empty
PostSubject: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 pm

ok first of all ive been in 3 other guilds and they never really got anywhere cuz there recruiting style was well lets say lacking i propose that blood omen should have a set thing for recruitment like ppl in org do with there guilds that way BO can get out ther more that way we'll get more 70s faster and start kara sooner and we also wont have to worry about getting new members by the phrase "oh my friend wants to get in" alone
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blink_meh
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 am

Soo, what "thing" are you proposing? like a requirement?
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 am

no im saying we should have like a general outline of like a recruitment message to get people to know what bloodomen is all about and how kick ass it is requirements are lame and just cast people out and make them feel unwanted
Back to top Go down
malkuth
malkuth

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 am

hahaha

we should have like ppl in diferent capital citys, sort of like a IRL job for with like an hour shifts... yelling things like

/yell COME JOIN BLOODOMEN... WE ARE COOL PPL TO HANG OUT WITH... WE GET DRUNK GO FISH...

or something like that...

xD
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:59 am

Well, we can have a section in the forums to post applications. That way we can review the applicant than start the week long evaluation process.

@ Mal: When you mentioned that, I thought of that one commercial on t.v. about "J.G. Wentworth"

Random Citizen yells: IT'S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:14 pm

holy shit you got that commercial ion california too O.O
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Unfortunately yes, the horrible acting picks at my brain. Plus the simple fact that they thought the commercial is something worth spending money on t.v. is just mind boggling. Of course there's worse but, this one is out there among them.
Back to top Go down
Phierce

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm

My 2 cents. I've been in many guilds. Not just with Phierce but other characters. I've found that at the present time in wow things are stagnat. It's hard to get the guild names out when most people are waiting for the xpac. That's not to say we shouldn't be trying to recruit people. As of now all we have going for us is that we are a friendly guild running Kara here and there. That's not very appealing for a level 70.

So we are at a Pre-building stage. We are waiting for the stage. That being the xpac. When it comes we will build as best we can. I say keep the ideas comin and when the guild is ready Yvan, evita and the officers will choose which methods will help.
Back to top Go down
Fallos
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 pm

i aggree
Back to top Go down
Bela Lugosi
Bela Lugosi

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:15 am

One thing I know that makes a good guild (I've been in 4 myself before starting BloodOmen) is not forgetting the little guy. The first guild I was in, when Garithos 1st started, was all about helping each other, until the 1st ten hit 70 then they left every one in the dust and the guild fell apart. What we 70's need to remember when we start Kara again is we will never stop doing Kara even if we move up. We need to keep and get every one up with us so they also can do the better runs and enjoy the game much more. This means doing non-H runs and even some lower lvl ones. Just my 2 cence geek
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:07 am

I totally agree with Bela's statement about the little guy. I consider myself, the little guy. Granted I have two 70's, doesn't mean I am terribly under-geared. Yvan is my Kara toon, and he still has greens.

But I still try my best to help out fellow guildies. When I first came into BloodOmen, what Blood told Evita was "This guild works around you" from then on I knew that I was going to do my best in this guild. So as for me, I don't mind helping out the little guy, and recruitment atm is open. Just tell them to contact an officer, and if I see a new person in guild, i'll talk to em myself.
Back to top Go down
Kazgarok

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 am

Much as I love a laid back guild, we also need to get some kind of contingent that is based around progression. I realize with the heroics that is trying to be accomplished, but there should be a more solid basis built around that. We obviously have enough 70's in the guild at the moment, either recruiting should be focused around people who are willing to further that goal, or concentrate on people who are in the guild now, and get them into raids.
Back to top Go down
Sorakh
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Yvan wrote:
Well, we can have a section in the forums to post applications. That way we can review the applicant than start the week long evaluation process.

@ Mal: When you mentioned that, I thought of that one commercial on t.v. about "J.G. Wentworth"

Random Citizen yells: IT'S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW!!!

Damn we got that in Michigan Too....its SUCKS lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guild recruitment idea   guild recruitment idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guild recruitment idea
Page 1 of 1