Blood Omen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BloodOmen's official forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games before WoW?

Go down 
+6
Van
Evita
Yvan
Corrosive
darksied
Markio
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Markio
Markio

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:16 am

So, as we all know, WoW hasn't always the game we all raped in, or got raped in etc, so here's a thread to bring back those memories of games long forgotten lol. Post screen shots if you can, or jus a simple recollection of what you played, for how long, etc. Just have some fun with it.

For me, I was immensly engrosed in an mmorpg called International Ragnarok Online(iRO), asnd had played it since 2003. It was a fun 2-D game, with character sprites that highly resembled characters from anime.

Here's a few screenshots I have on-hand:

good ole pvp:
Games before WoW? ScreenLoki403

Old School chillin' with a buddy on my left, me in the middle and Yvan's noob ass hunter on the right
Games before WoW? ScreenLoki035

In RO, the lvl cap was 99, ansd was represented by a cool, blue aura that always glowed around your sprite. In this screenshot, I clearly am not 99, but was jus standing in an aura that was randomly bugged on my screen, haha
Games before WoW? ScreenLoki159
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

Number of posts : 49

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm

me i played warcraft3 and d2 and kalonline (that one is from korea)and well idk ive been gaming since i could click a mouse and flick a joystick sooooo i guess i can really remeber heh ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blink_meh
Corrosive
Corrosive

Number of posts : 44

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 pm

OMG RUNESCAPE
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 pm

ewwwww rs its glorified block pron lol!
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Never liked Runescape, but I DID like Ragnarok Online during it's glory days. Before WoW I was playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Back to top Go down
Evita
Veteran
Veteran
Evita

Number of posts : 70

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 am

I have played many a games prior/other than WoW such as....

Ragnarok Online
Diablo II
Guild Wars
Maple Story (yuck)
Warcraft
and a variety of ps2, xbox/360, ds, ps1, and psp games.

I really find MMOs the most addicting of all, I think probably because it's community based? However, nothing really tops WoW on my list right now, haha! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lady-sylvanas.net/
darksied
darksied

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 am

is guild wars any good i never really met anyone who played
Back to top Go down
Van
Van

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Never Winter Nights was my first MMO. Each server had an average of 20-30 people on it. Honestly to this day I miss that game. Some thing like over a thousand downloadable dungeons to crawl through. Best of all it came with your own tool kit to create your own dungeons and story lines for you and freinds to play. Full 3D world with graphics that even to this day I consider to be damn good. Best of all it was free to play online. Just had to buy the game. The downfall was it was hard to find nice people to play with.

Knights Online was my first true Massive multiplayer experience. It really was an experience to walk into a world and see thousands of other players around you in the same world. It was two worlds at war. The Alliance locked in never ending Epic battle with the Horde nation.
Every Tuesady and Saturday night it was war. And I do mean war. The players from the Alliance and the players from the Horde would meet each other upon a huge battle field. Both sides commiting a full onslaught in an awesome battle. Slaughtering each other and the oposing teams NPC commanders till one side had wiped out the other sides commanders. After which the victor could invade the other factions homeland and commit full scale genocide.
The downfall? There was like 2 quests in the entire game. You had to grind your way to lvl 80. Got very boring. But the main reason I left was hackers. Hackers completely ruined the game. Wars became pointless because you couldn't kill a hacker character with insta heals and hacker boosted attacks to insta kill legit players. It got to the point where 70% of the players on the battle feilds were hackers. So I left.

Guild Wars was my next stop in online gaming. A truly fantastic game. The graphics were really damn nice and best of all? You almost had to group up to play it. However that also turned out to be it's downfall. You ever get a random group and go into and instance. And have one of those people end up being just a complete jerk? You know? Like some of the people in trade chat now that are just a total a-hole to most everyone? Well imagin an entire online world where 75% of the population is like that. And in order to play you HAVE to group with them to continue.
I however got really lucky and after a couple of monthes ended up getting a circle of some really nice people to play with. However after I completed the game, then the expansion... then the next expansion with 4 to 5 characters I began to get bored. That combined with online freinds that were vanishing from the game more and more. Then add on top the constant nerfing of builds from Anet. I got fed up one day and desided to just "try" WoW.

World of Warcraft has been my latest move. So far hands down WoW has been the best online game I have ever played. The designers, programers, writers, creators everyone who was involved in making this game have done such an incredible job. After a while of playing the game you begin to get a blind eye to the detail of the game. But if you take the time to look at any part of the world you begin to realize just how much effort and how much eye for detail went into this game. It's a well thought out world with incredible mechanics. The only downfall so far in this game compaired to what I've played before is the fact that it's pay to play. But in total honesty it has been worth every dime. I have gotten so many hours of enjoyment for my money with this game.

Before all of my online gaming I was... ready for this?.... A writer who did alot of online chat RP'ing. The RP'ing was in truth a tool for developing a more in depth personality for characters in my stories. I had aspirations of publishing some day with my ultimate goal being the writer for a new comic book series. But alas it all faded away and I never truly even attempted to get any of my work published. Writing is a very tough business. I read Harry Potter and thought to myself. " I can never write that damn good" and lost my inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am

I love your MMO Bio Van. I too have played most of those games. I'll get into it when we get released for the day.
Back to top Go down
malkuth
malkuth

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 am

well

if I take out all console games and all that

I played runescape ( I loved that games)

and also played

COnquer ( also loved this game)

ohh ohhh

I loved playing this TEXT bases mmo called outwar too

and some other games I cant remember
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 am

@ Van Neverwinter nights kinda died for me really early. I suppose it's because I bought it late, but the game play was fun. Since I played it while I was young, I guess I was expecting a more "Dungeon Siege / Diablo" type game out of it. Little did I know...

I tried to get used to it. The fact that it's hard to come by people to play with on a regular basis makes it difficult. That and half the games I would join had SUPER OP'd user created content. After I saw that, I said "I'm done."

Guild Wars I also played, but died early on. The people I played with weren't the best people around. That and when I hit the then level cap (not sure if it still is) 20, I didn't enjoy the PvP as much as I do in WoW.

I got back into Diablo 2: LoD, which rocked my life for several years. MF runs ftw?

Diablo 3 looks inticing, and I look forward to switching back and forth between WoW and D3. It's gonna be hard, but i'll try!

@ Mal I also played Conquer Online, it was fun but it just didn't stick to me. It was around that time that I played Conquer, Hero, and Scions of Fate. Than I just said "F*ck it, i'll just play Audition and WoW intermitently.
Back to top Go down
Evita
Veteran
Veteran
Evita

Number of posts : 70

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:14 pm

AUDITION!!!!

I so love that game!! ^-^- <3

It's awesome! Well, besides the whole you have to play alot to get any nice clothes for your toon or you have to pay cash for 'em thing. But other than that it's fun! You rarely encounter elitist bastards on it (though you will on occassion) and I love the way the toons look. The dance moves are so in-sync with the music that it makes you wanna learn it irl! xD <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.lady-sylvanas.net/
Fallos
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Everyone's replies were very interesting and fun to read! Smile
that said.. here is some very unrelated content.

for about a month my life was dedicated to halo3
and by dedicated i meen
DED-IH-CATE-ED
I couldn't get enough
I was just so interested in the story, I beat every game and I read some of the books.

I was also into Maple Story, Runescape and I was deeply in love with..
get ready for it...

Starsiege: Tribes

i'd like to add on a side note
-I love your signature Yvan!
1264ap
307 Agility
21.56% Ranged Crit
8671 Health
0 healing (bahaha!)
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:33 am

Glad someone noticed Smile

Halo 3 is my side game for WoW. Markio and I hit up Halo 3 most of the time when we're drunk. But since Markio is charging through the leveling process, and since my x-box 360 got the red ring, there hasn't been much halo-ing lately.
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 am

oh no not the red ring of doom that's ghey happened to one of my friends sent it into microsoft good as new but dont leave ur hardderive on when you send it in cuz it'll come back completely wiped
Back to top Go down
Sorakh
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 50

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:58 pm

I Dont Have A Side Game For WoW.....its really the only game i play....im kinda a jok but a nice one and i play sports instead.....i do like playing Risk on comp though......and the Red Alert Series is BA
Back to top Go down
Kazgarok

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:17 am

Lessee, we got the late start on Mass Effect, which is a spectacular game, despite some of its flaws. Then Ninja Gaidan 1 & 2, which as complete @#$%^&*(&^%$#@#$%^&*'s and then Guild Wars, but only because my roommate tried to sucker me into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Games before WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games before WoW?   Games before WoW? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games before WoW?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood Omen :: BloodOmen Community :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: