Blood Omen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BloodOmen's official forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaming Consoles

Go down 
+2
Yvan
Evita
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evita
Veteran
Veteran
Evita

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:55 am

Yes, yes, yes, this thread is bound to be created sooner or later anyways. Many have already been involved with the so-called "Console Wars" which is usually the result of loyalists arguing with other loyalists in an effort to prove that their favorite console is "the best".

So, what consoles do you happen to own? Are you a loyalist of any certain consoles? If so, why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lady-sylvanas.net/
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Number of posts : 80

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:00 pm

I don't like being a loyalist to any one console, and I never had favoritism with any specific console until the recent ones came out.

My siblings and I are avid gamers, we would always have all the consoles on the market so there never was a war per se amongst us over the consoles. We loved all the consoles equally.

Until recently...

Now that the lines are drawn in bold amongst the different consoles, it's easier to distinguish where loyalties lie.

Playstation 3 drove over the cliff at 120mph for me. The over-the-top price, and weight of the console turned me off. When my dad purchased his PS3, I tried it out. The thing was heavy, ugly and it didn't have any standard AV cables. It only had digital. That pretty much knocked out all the possible gaming t.v.'s we had. The only thing Digital we had was the projector downstairs used for movies.

The Wii has yet to release a game that appeals to me. Honestly, probably the only Wii game that I will ever enjoy playing comes free with the console, Wii sports. As I watch the continuous flow of games being released for the console, maybe only one or two notable games. Hardly enough reason for me to purchase the console.

X-Box 360 has got to be the winner in my opinion. As the only next-gen console I have in posession, the amount of high quality titles released for the console is ample to keep me busy for my console gaming needs. Games like Rock Band, Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect and soon to be Tales of Vesperia have and will always keep me on my toes. X-Box Live is another reason I love it soo much, almost the perfect gaming community console wise.

So to this day, I bow down to X-Box 360 alone...

Until Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, and etc come out for PS3, than i'll dish out my credit card >Smile
Back to top Go down
darksied
darksied

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:33 pm

i got a gamecube andf i used to be loyal to only nintendo but microsofts xbox and xbox 360 are wicked but by far th best system ever is sega dreamcast >.<
also i completely agree with yvan on the ps3 and the wii i think sony and nintendo were doin sumthing in there basements and where like whoa lets make really crappy consols
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blink_meh
Corrosive
Corrosive

Number of posts : 44

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:16 pm

psp, ps2, comp, WII, xbox 360
Back to top Go down
malkuth
malkuth

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 am

well I gotta admit that my fav console of this generation is the nintendo DS... it has all the great games I could ask for... and they keep comming... ohh yes chrono trigger FTW

I'm a nintendo junkie... I mean I love the wii... I think what they have done with it is something special... like my whole family gets together to play the wii... and I dont think they would do something like that if I had gotten a Xbox 360 or a ps3... it really does make me smile... plus... I needed, yes needed, to play metroid prime 3... I'm also a metroid junkie hahahah

I got a gamecube as well I actually have two.. I had them connected on different TVs I wouldnt need to disconnect and connect the thing when I wanted to play on another room hahaha

I have several gameboys (classic, color, advance SP), the NES, SNES (well not anymore really it got stolen while back ) dreamcast, I had original xbox for a while and then sold it, not really got into it.
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Solid nintendo fan-boy eh? Well, in my personal experience Nintendo has produce quality hand-held systems. My PSP and Evita's Nintendo DS are always in constant rivalry in my mind simply due to the fact that they're both soo fun. My PSP is modded, so I can do soo much with it. Roms included.

The Nintendo DS has FUN GAMES. We have Guitar Hero On tour, that and i'd love to buy Final Fantasy A2, and The World Ends With you.
Back to top Go down
Sorakh
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 50

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 am

Comp is #1 for me...i like pretty much all consoles though
Back to top Go down
Sorakh
Veteran
Veteran

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:51 pm

WoW Suprised noone posts here more often
Back to top Go down
Yvan
Admin
Admin
Yvan

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:43 pm

I too favor computers over most consoles. X-Box 360 would have to come second in my favorites list.

Our 360 recently got the red ring, so we're trying to get it repaired.
Back to top Go down
malkuth
malkuth

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:44 am

I think that now that xbox 360 has dropped prices I'm going to be getting one... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sorakh
Veteran
Veteran

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Whats Current USA Price?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Consoles   Gaming Consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming Consoles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood Omen :: Gaming Center :: Computer and Electronics Centers-
Jump to: